It is the first large-scale project that comprehensively represents Ukraine's potential in film and television production worldwide, aiming to promote the country and develop international partnerships in the audiovisual industry. Ten special sessions with representatives of the major market players – production companies, online platforms, media groups, state authorities representatives, and international experts will be available on the C21 Media website for the subscribers only.Three of the panel discussions from Content Ukraine on Demand (Ukrainian Broadcasters
, Evolving Ukrainian Drama, and New Co-production & Distribution Models) are organized in partnership with KYIV MEDIA WEEK and will be featured as a part of the forum’s official program.September 14 at 16:30-17:10 – Ukrainian Broadcasters.
Top managers of the country's key broadcasting companies will discuss the program strategies and policies of media companies in Ukraine, outline the most significant changes in the media business over the past year and share their experience in organizing the production process during the pandemic.
The audience will learn about the most popular content and trends in Ukraine, the areas open to international cooperation, the mechanics of pitching new projects, and competition in the media market.
Experts will highlight the biggest opportunities and challenges that they are expected to face over the next year – access to talent, content, financing, global competitors, language and others.Speakers:
September 15 at 10:00-10:40 – Evolving Ukrainian Drama.
- Dmitry Troitsky, Director of broadcast, StarLightMedia
- Maksym Kryvytskyi, Head of TV business, general producer, 1+1 TV Channel
- Nariman Huseinov, Director of broadcast, distribution, and development, FILM.UA Broadcasting
- Victoria Korogod, Director, Ukraine TV Channel
Experts will focus on those features of Ukrainian scripts that attract foreign audiences, discuss current issues of Ukrainian content producers in establishing international cooperation and consider ways to strengthen the national drama. In addition, the speakers will present their projects and share their experiences of opening the door to the global market. They will also express their expectations for the future of the Ukrainian drama industry and prospects for its development over the next five years. Speakers:
September 15 at 15:30-16:10 – New Co-production and Distribution Models
- Tala Prystaetska, Scriptwriter, showrunner, creative producer, StarLightMedia
- Eugen Tunick, Scriptwriter, showrunner, producer, StarLightMedia
- Natalya Strybuk, Scripted content production, Ukraine TV Channel
- Olesya Lukyanenko, Creative producer, FILM. UA Group
. Speakers will talk about new co-production and distribution models that are evolving between Ukraine and other territories and the change in buyers’ reaction to being pitched Ukrainian content. They will talk about their practices of establishing international co-productions and lessons to be learned from other countries becoming content exporters.
The experts will also cover other important topics – promising co-production partnerships and alliances, the impact of streaming platforms on international co-production, and what Ukraine can offer to the global media market.Speakers:
- Kateryna Vyshnevska, Head of development and co-productions, FILM. UA Group
- Nicola Soderlund, Managing partner, Eccho Rights
- Iryna Chernyak, Director of sales MGU, director of acquisitions, TV Channel Ukraine
- Antoine Derroja, Head of development, APC Studios
– is the honoured and long-standing partner of KYIV MEDIA WEEK, the market-leading B2B information provider to the international content business, combining a portfolio of publishing brands with an events business and powerful online screenings marketplace. Launched in July 1997, C21Media has built a multi-platform business that is versatile, effective, and invaluable for those whose job it is to make and distribute programming to all platforms in the 21st Century. Leading executives, from the heads of Hollywood studios, to those running channels and production companies around the world, turn to C21 first every day to find out what's going on in the world of content.KMW participants who join the Forum offline will get a trial period of C21 Media’s Pro subscription for free and will get exclusive access to all the Content Ukraine on Demand events as well as other Pro materials.Content Ukraine on Demand on C21 Media is co-organized in Ukraine by the media consulting company Media Resources Management (MRM). The project’s key partners and contributors are StarLight Media, 1+1 media, Film.UA Group and Media Group Ukraine.