This year there are five studies – designed to form a comprehensive picture of the content production and distribution in facts and figures. General results and conclusions will be presented within the cross-sectional events at KMW, and full texts and infographics will be posted on the website mbr.com.ua
and in KMW 2021 White paper
– the final document of the Forum.
1. Analytics of Ukrainian TV series
– the first comprehensive study that will present a complete picture of the production and screening of the series in Ukraine in 2015-2020. The research covers several different criteria – it will determine the most in-demand series durations and genres among Ukrainian broadcasters and which of them "work" best on the air. The study must demonstrate the evolution of the industry over the past five years.
2. The TV viewing trends. The structure of Ukrainian television broadcasting in 2020 by the broadcast content type
research will analyze the broadcasts of TOP-6 TV channels – covering both general statistics and each broadcaster separately. It will also show what types of content (shows, series, movies, etc.) the TV channels are betting on and their competitive edges.
3. Ukrainian broadcasters’ wishlist
– an annual analytical review based on interviews with the executives of top Ukrainian TV channels and media groups. Thanks to this study, market stakeholders will receive detailed and up-to-date information on program strategies, production plans, the most popular content of the leading broadcasters, and the defining trends of air in Ukraine.
4. Film production. What does the state spend money on and what is the profit
– the first large-scale study of film projects realized since 2014 with the support of the Ukrainian State Film Agency. The research covers about 250 film projects of various genres, winning the Agency’s Competition since 2014, and later submitted to the state. The results of the study show the indicators of film box office for the general audience and the festival history of independent film.
5. Ukrainian VoD market: dynamics, trends, ability to produce original content
– the review based on in-depth interviews with top managers of leading Ukrainian streaming services. Since the beginning of quarantine restrictions in Ukraine, the services became more popular than ever, which coincided with the worldwide rise of VoD. Today the platforms are transforming from content repeaters into important players in the industry. The analytical review will characterize the current state of the industry in Ukraine and the dynamics of its development, taking into account various factors. It will also address the burning issue of the readiness of local platforms to produce the original
International agencies and partners of the Forum – K7 Media (UK) and Glance Mediametrie (France) will conduct and present the global media market trends for KMW 2021
Details will be announced soon.
Let us remind, that the KMW White Paper is the final document of the Forum in Ukrainian and English. We created the first issue back in 2020, and we are planning to publish it based on the results of each subsequent Forum. This year, the White Paper will be available free of charge to all registered guests of KMW by the end of October.
You can read more about the KMW White Paper 2020 at the link
The 11th KYIV MEDIA WEEK will take place on September 14-15 at Hyatt Regency Kyiv with an online broadcast on the Media Business Reports
(MBR) website. We will announce the detailed program of events soon, so follow the Forum news on Facebook
and register on the KMW 2021 website
.__________________________________________________________________For reference: Media Resources Management (MRM)
has been conducting marketing research of the content industry in Ukraine and abroad in cooperation with leading Ukrainian and international research companies since 2005. Content owners, distributors, producers, and producers are the regular users of these services. They receive daily, and weekly reports on TV viewing and rental analysis with indicators for the core audiences and comparative analysis with other projects and channels.Media Business Reports (MBR)
is an analytical portal on the media business and audiovisual industry, founded by Media Resources Management in 2019 based on previous publishing projects. It constantly monitors the global and regional film, television, and digital markets in Ukraine and globally.